All use computer
It is reported that 72% of working women use computers at work. Choose three women at random, and find the probability that all three women use a computer in their jobs.
Did you find an error or inaccuracy? Feel free to write us. Thank you!
Thank you for submitting an example text correction or rephasing. We will review the example in a short time and work on the publish it.
Tips for related online calculators
You need to know the following knowledge to solve this word math problem:
Related math problems and questions:
- Cancer in woman population
In a particular population of women, 40% have had breast cancer, 20% are smokers, and 13% are smokers and have had breast cancer. If a woman is selected at random from the population, what is the probability that she has breast cancer, smokes, or both?
- Students and exam
In a certain college, accounting is one of the courses; among the accounting students, 60% are male. Among the male students, 75% passed the exams, while among the females, 50% failed. (a) present this using a probability tree diagram (b) determine the pr
- Probability 68584
There are five whites and nine blacks in the destiny. We will choose three balls at random. What is the probability that a) the selected balls will not be the same color, b) will there be at least two blacks between them?
- Unions now
The plant has 1,250 employees. The Trade Unions (former ROH, OH) is 18% male and 23% female. Plant management reported that 20% of all employees are in the trade union. How many men and women are in the plant, and how many are men and women in trade union
- Internet anywhere
In school, 60% of pupils have access to the internet at home. A group of 8 students is chosen at random. Find the probability that a) exactly 5 have access to the internet. b) At least six students have access to the internet
- The box
The box contains five chocolate, three fruit, and two menthol candies. We choose sweets at random from the box. What probability will we take out one chocolate, one fruit, and one menthol candy without a return?
- The university
At a certain university, 25% of students are in the business faculty. Of the students in the business faculty, 66% are males. However, only 52% of all students at the university are male. a. What is the probability that a student selected at random in the
In a country, 65% of people drink coffee, 50% drink tea 25% drink both. What is the probability that a person chosen at random will drink neither tea nor coffee?
- Level of significance
At a certain college, it is estimated that 25% of the students have cars on campus. Does this seem to be a valid estimate if, in a random sample of 90 college students, 28 are found to have cars? Use a 0.05 level of significance.
Pediatrician, this month of 20 working days takes 8 days holidays. What is the probability that on Monday it will be at work?
- Suppose 6
Suppose the life span of a revolutionary light bulb is normally distributed with a mean life span of 70 thousand hours and a standard deviation of 3 thousand hours. If a light bulb is chosen at random: a) what is the probability the life span will be with
- Three subjects
In a class of 40 students, 18 passed mathematics, 19 passed accounting, 16 passed economics, five mathematics and accounting only, six mathematics only, nine accounting only, and two accounting and economics only. Each student was offered at least one of
- 6 married
Six married couples are in a room. If two people are chosen at random. Find the probability that; a). they are married. b). one is male, and one is female.
- Table and chairs
Four people should sit at a table in front of a row of 7 chairs. What is the probability that there will be no empty chair between them if people choose their place entirely randomly?
- Mortality tables
Mortality tables enable actuaries to obtain the probability that a person will live a specified number of years at any age. Insurance companies and others use such probabilities to determine life insurance premiums, retirement pensions, and annuity paymen
- Utopia Island
The probability of disease A on the island of Utopia is 40%. The probability of occurrence among the men of this island, which make up 60% of all the population (the rest are women), is 50%. What is the probability of occurrence of A disease among women o
The six workers' working group would order jobs completed within 21 working days. How many workers must be added to complete a contract in 14 working days?