Fraction calculator with steps
Calculator perform basic and advanced operations with fractions, integers, decimals and mixed numbers. Also shows detailed step-by-step information about fraction calculation procedure. Solve problems with two, three or more fractions and numbers in one expression.
Rules for expressions with fractions:Slash / is fraction bar or division sign.
Colon : is symbol for division.
Asterisk * is symbol for multiplication.
Plus + is addition, minus sign - is subtraction and () is mathematical parentheses.
Mixed number is entered, for example as 1 2/3 (one and two-thirds).
Decimal numbers are written with a decimal point . and are automatically converted to fractions.
Calculator follows well known rules for order of operations. Most common mnemonics for remember this order of operations are:
PEMDAS - Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction.
BEDMAS - Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction
BODMAS - Brackets, Of or Order, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction.
Be careful, always do multiplication and division before addition and subtraction. Some operators (+ and -) and (* and /) has same priority and then must evaluted from left to right.
Examples:• viral Japanese fraction problem (order of operations with fractions) : 9 - 3 ÷ 1/3 + 1
• add as a fraction: 2/3 + 3/5
• adding fractions and mixed number: 1/2 + 2/5 + 6 2/7
• subtracting fractions: 1/2 - 1/5 - 5
• dividing integer and fraction: 5/5 ÷ 1/2
• multiplication of fractions: 1/2 * 3/5
• division of fractions: 1/2 / 3/5
• power of fractions: 3/5^3
• cutting and simplifying: 4/22
• mixed numbers and decimals: 1.5 - 1 1/5
• subtracting mixed number and fraction: 1 3/5 - 5/6
• expression with brackets: 1/3 * (1/2 - 3 3/8)